Tuesday 6 October 2015

progress on crafting categories and other details

This is also a rather complex state of affairs but I think less hard to figure out than the classes. So far I have a basic idea of some crafting ideas.

Cooking
Blacksmith
Alchemy
Tailoring
Enchanting
Gardening
Hunting
Pottery
Carpentry
Fishing
Taming

I will probably drop one or two of these but I am exploring the ideas of each one. Cooking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy and Tailoring I most certainly want to keep. Gardening and fishing and taming I am not sure about as they seem to relate more to things everyone can do at any time so I'm not levelling is even needed for these things. Maybe there could be 2 menus. One for class based skills and one for skills every character can learn. That actually sounds good. All of these can be implemented in some way but the ones that I am having trouble with figuring out are enchanting, cooking and alchemy mainly. you see they seem to relate to certain character types in particular and so when you give the other classes free reign on it such as warrior with enchanting skill then you could just get a character that is better than any others. I doesn't feel right to cut it out of the game but it also doesn't feel right to let the warrior use enchanting. That's why I was considering blocking certain skills for certain classes as I said in the previous post about classes.

I have considered certain things about how these skills could work together by changing the way they work a little as follows.

Cooking (less healing power and less stat boosts than potions but the materials are more readily available. Warrior able to eat more food than other characters. BUT then we would have to have some kind of fullness system and that is silly really and too complex)

Tailoring (clothes allow for more stat boosts than weapons and armour from blacksmithing)

Blacksmithing (can be used to create traps for you to use for taming enemies. Good for hunter class not only warrior. Able to enchant for better stat boosts. BUT then the tailoring would become redundant as heavy armour with strong boosting stats would be better than weak armour with stat boosts)

Hunter (better rewards from fishing)

Wizard (able to enchant pottery and carpentry for stat boosts and faster healing while eating with said pottery or using a certain chair. BUT if I do this then cooking will have more stat boosts and therefore would be redundant so here is a problem despite it being a good idea)

Wizard better at gardening.

Sorry went a bit disjointed but this perfectly explains my dilemma. There is always a catch no matter what I seem to pick. I need to think further but that is what I have done and thought about this so far. Tell me what you think will work and what wont. What do you want to see? I would love any feedback I can get! :3 I am currently working on some food categories and details for the cooking skill at the moment and I will get back to you on that when I have finished up some more of it but basically I am deciding what items can be crafted for cooking skill and its a long process to go through all the recipes in the world. I am started with an English Breakfast in mind due to its many spate components and I am branching it downwards from there. Once I am done with that I will show my progress here.

No comments:

Post a Comment