Wednesday 7 October 2015

progress on crafting and classes association

I have decided that the best thing to do would be to have the crafting work on its own accord and the classes to only affect the battling. It would work similar to Maplestory where you fight with basic class and light or heavy weapons and armour. You would fight tons of enemies and when you have collected the items instead of giving them to an NPC, you would put them together to craft things. Items from enemies and plants and items crafted from said items will only give you stuff for NPCs will not have any use other than that, except for food and potions which will obviously have healing and stat boosting qualities. This keeps the game simple and familiar in its gameplay.

I have also decided that crafting will be completely open to any class. The class will only determine the types of missions you may get or what armour and weapons and attacks you can have. It won't affect what you can craft. I decided to let people have freedom in that area. Of course, this might mean that some great combinations may be possible and they may be better than other options but I realised that there are biases in every game and it doesn't really stop people from enjoying it. Of course I will try to avoid game breaking biases but small ones I will let slip as if someone can figure out an awesome combination of crafting skill and class to get a strong character then cudos to them. They deserve the rewards. Not everyone plays like that and really, classes like the thief and hunter are made to make the game harder by making them weaker and people still like to play them. It should be the gamers choice whether they choose the most powerful character and work out the best way to do it or whether they would prefer a challenge by picking the slightly weaker class and crafting skills. It always adds to replay ability anyway. That is my decision. Things will move on in this fashion. I will focus on classes later. For now. The crafting details will be my focus as they are a major part of the game. See my 'food categories and working' post to see what I am working on now and how I will be working out the food crafting details.

No comments:

Post a Comment