Wednesday 7 October 2015

food categories and working

I have decided to sort out the details of cooking items by putting the foods into a few different categories. I will focus on one major object or two from each category and then work my way down from there. Details of simpler combinations are easily figured out once the components present have been sorted by using a larger recipe first. The categories are not necessarily game relevant but are more for my organising during game development. The following are the food categories with their corresponding main foods to develop for each (the items are only a basis and more options will be made afterwards)...

Fried and take away food (full English breakfast)
Fruit and Veg based food (soup, sandwiches and salads)
Fish based food (sushi, fish and chips and fishcakes)
Dessert food (cakes and cookies)

The English Breakfast is what I am working on now. I have almost finished with the details of each component so you will be able to see that soon. I have also had to develop ideas for unique names for the food and animals the food comes from to make it fantasy and not just a copy of Harvest Moon. I have some rather weird names for stuff but I sort of grown attached to them throughout the process. They are silly but that matches the comedy theme of the game. We'll see what you think when I post that stuff anyway. But something I would like you to know is that though making the food I have also had to come up with concepts for some of the enemies in the game of which you would harvest certain foods. I have some details but they are not fleshed out yet. I do have the basic designs though in concept art. Although I am NOT a great artist so they don't look to impressive but the game is going to be made in sprites in the end anyway so it doesn't really matter as long as I know what I am aiming for. The sprites will be better. Look forward to more updates on those things soon :3

No comments:

Post a Comment