Thursday 25 August 2016

Fishing Items almost complete

Yes I have worked hard this week to try and make up for lost time. Sorry about that. I have had quite a few home problems that keep holding me back and they aren't going to stop soon but I will press on in the days I feel up to it and as you can see I can get a lot done in just a few days. I have reorganised and double checked all the website search links on the right hand side so they should all be working well right now. I have got rid of the search bar because I experimented with it and found out it only searches for words inside of posts and not tags so it is pretty much useless anyway. But on the lines of my wiki data base progress I have almost finished making a basic profile of every single fish in the entire game which is 82 fish so far! FEW! It will soon be 83 as the last fish I have to do is the Cherry Fish which is, you guessed it, another fruit fish as there is one for every tree in the game so when I added the Cherry Tree later on I have to make a fish to match it so the game stays consistent in some way. Heavenly Respite has few fish in it anyway so it would be good to have another one. I may also make a couple more for the less populated areas of the game which only seem to have one fish in an area and it is only a fruit fish or legendary coz that means unless you have certain fishing rods, you won't be able to fish anything from those locations and I'm not sure that is fair. The only made up fish I have other than the Legendary and Fruit Fish is the Puff Fish made out of clouds so I would like to make some more environment themed fish to fill these gaps although they wont be their own category like the fruit fish. This will literally only be about 4 fish at most to make and then it will all be pretty much done. The only thing the fish need now to have their profiles complete is the concept art, the sprites and the money value which (apart from the concept art) will all be done much later in development so I consider that a job well done :3. Next I would like to move onto adding more monsters into the game. I actually have a few for the first few areas in the game but I haven't transferred them to this blog yet as they are still in my note making spread sheet. I have quite a lot of stuff sorted for these though so they should be nice and easy to add on here and this will fill up the blog a little more and give a better picture of the locations and my intentions for what the game should look like and play like I think (if it wasn't clear enough already). After that, I have a section on basic food items of various basic food groups to add on here since they are also sitting around in my notes ready to go on this blog. Once all that is done, I will have pretty much moved everything from before I made the blog over to here and then I will get started with making tons of concept art doodles for all the fish, plants and locations. I may also work on making profiles for the fruits, nuts and other items dropped from the plants as the should be easy to make as well. This is the way my mind is thinking through this at the moment basically. Hope you are enjoying the content and don't forget to comment if you have any questions. See you in the next major update post, I am going to bed! X3

No comments:

Post a Comment